Velo Sports Rehab offers a variety of massage therapy treatments for our patients in our Bellevue location. The majority of patients seek either deep tissue or sports massage treatments, although our massage therapist are well versed in a variety of techniques. This allows us to treat patients on a needs-based, case-by-case basis. As no two patients are exactly alike, neither are any two injuries and each treatment will account for each individual’s specific needs.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage focuses on relieving deep tension within the muscular system. By applying significant pressure on affected areas, massage therapists can relax muscle tissue, relieving chronic pain in muscles, tendons, and connective fascia. Deep tissue massage can also reduce anxiety, decrease blood pressure, and help relieve stress.
Trigger Point and Myofascial Release
Myofascial trigger points are palpable nodules in tight muscles and the fascia that surrounds them. Treatment includes stretching these muscles while applying pressure to the trigger points until pain has dissipated.
Lena-Marie is a certified Intraoral massage practitioner. This technique is an effective treatment for those that suffer from TMJ, neck/shoulder pain, headaches or jaw tension. Gloves are worn during the treatment while working inside the mouth in order to access the muscles and fascia that contribute to these symptoms. Combining massage to the face, scalp, neck and shoulders also helps with TMJ symptoms.
Chinese cupping is based on the belief that a person’s body can be restored to its natural equilibrium and cure illnesses. All pain, inflammation, and obstructions can be removed to promote a decrease in symptoms, creating a sense of well-being. Cupping also aids in the flow of blood and calms the nervous system.
Some of the conditions that have shown to respond well to the therapy include:
- Pain in the neck, back, shoulder/arms, legs/feet – Using cupping therapy, the healer can relieve pain by targeting specific areas of the body to ease injuries to the soft tissues.
- Ease stiff muscles when combined with massage therapy techniques.
- Gastrointestinal disorders – Can relieve early morning diarrhea, dysentery, severe or frequent gastritis.
- Frozen shoulder – This condition can also be treated using massage and cupping over specific muscles in the shoulder.
- Rheumatic diseases – Arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Anxiety and fatigue due to muscle and ligament pain
- Lung congestion and common cold symptoms
Talk with Lena-Marie about incorporating cupping into your next massage.
Contact Velo Sports Rehab Bellevue to make a massage appointment today!